Public Policy and Advocacy 101 - How Things Get Done!
- Thursday, November 15, 2018
Public Policy Webinar: November 15, 2018 12 PM – 1 PM (Pacific)
CPEU: 1 Unit Pending Approval
Speaker: Brenda O’Day, MS, RDN, CNSC
Vice President of Public Policy, California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Overview: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession through research, education and advocacy. Advocacy is critical to achieving the mission, vision, goals and strategies outlined in the Academy's Strategic Plan Roadmap. Public policy significantly influences legislation on a state and federal level. Our members are empowered to be directly involved with CA Academy and AND in efforts to improve food, nutrition and health policy.
- Understand public policy and advocacy
- Utilize CA Academy and AND resources.
- Identify and differentiate state and federal offices.
- Learn what you can do to make a difference!