Baby-Led Weaning: A whole-food approach to feeding baby
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Webinar: February 12th, Noon – 1 pm
CPEU: 1 unit live and recorded programing
Alexandra Caspero MA, RD, CLT, RYT
Owner of Delish Knowledge and author of Fresh Italian Cooking for the New Generation
Overview: Baby-led weaning (BLW) is a relatively new approach to introducing solids, offering parents a natural, relaxed approach to feeding. This presentation will explore the emerging research supporting BLW along with a step-by-step guide on how to introduce solid, finger foods. The session will address common concerns with this approach such as choking and meeting age-related nutritional needs. A focus will be on specific nutrients that are important in infancy and how to easily incorporate them.
- List 3 benefits of a baby-led weaning approach
- Identify 5 nutrients of concern in infancy and 3 baby-led weaning food ideas for each.
- List the steps in introducing solids to baby
- Identify developmental milestones that must be met before baby can start weaning