Baby-Led Weaning: A whole-food approach to feeding baby
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Webinar: February 12th, Noon – 1 pm
CPEU: 1 unit live and recorded programing
Whitney English Tabaie MS, RDN, CPT
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Alexandra Caspero MA, RD, CLT, RYT
Owner of Delish Knowledge and author of Fresh Italian Cooking for the New Generation
Overview: Baby-led weaning (BLW) is a relatively new approach to introducing solids, offering parents a natural, relaxed approach to feeding. This presentation will explore the emerging research supporting BLW along with a step-by-step guide on how to introduce solid, finger foods. The session will address common concerns with this approach such as choking and meeting age-related nutritional needs. A focus will be on specific nutrients that are important in infancy and how to easily incorporate them.
- List 3 benefits of a baby-led weaning approach
- Identify 5 nutrients of concern in infancy and 3 baby-led weaning food ideas for each.
- List the steps in introducing solids to baby
- Identify developmental milestones that must be met before baby can start weaning
Registration for this event is available online.REGISTER ONLINE