Membership runs from June 1, 2019 – May 31, 2020.
Membership fees are as follows:
- $45 per year for Active Members (RDs and DTRs)
- $35 for Retired Members
- $25 for Dietetic Interns and Students
- $35 Nutrition Professional
Qualification of Membership
Any person, who is a member in good standing of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), is eligible to become a member of LAD. Once you are a member of AND you automatically become a member of the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (CAND). If you recently moved to California and are affiliated with another state, please contact AND to change your state affiliation. Members may hold membership in more than one district.
Please note that membership for AND/LAD is renewed each year.
Benefits of Membership
Some of the benefits exclusive to LAD members include:
- FREE Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEs)
- Access to exclusive job postings available on our Members' Only Website
- Leadership opportunities for students, interns, DTRs and RDs to serve as a LAD Executive or Committee Board member
- Opportunities to network with other professionals
- Enhance your resume by becoming a volunteer in different areas in nutrition within the Los Angeles District.
- Stay up to date with current public policy or legislation affecting our profession
- Receive and/or publish on our monthly e-newsletters to stay up to date on events going on in the district.
- And more!
If have any questions or are NOT receiving our emails (newsletters, event invitations etc.) please contact Irma Madrigal, RDN, Membership Chair