Delegate Area 2
Jo Ann Leigh Miller, RDN, MPH
Education: MPH, Public Health, University of California, Davis
Internship: Napa State Hospital
- Vice-President Nutrition, Meals for All (4 years)
- Disaster Nutrition Consultant, Meals for All (3 years)
- Senior Nutirion Consultant, HM Composite, Inc. (Now Nutricopia, Inc.) (6 years)
- Wellness Clerk & Journalist, Sacramento Natural Foods Coop (15 years)
- Active member of the Northern Area District board from 2005 to present in a variety of roles from donations co-chair, nominating committee to public policy representative.
Public Policy Representative, NADA (2014 to present)
Mission Statement: As Public Policy Representative for Northern Area, 2014- present, I informed members on academy action alerts, bills important to our profession and support ambassadors in communications with California Legislators. As a delegate for Northern Area and Diablo Valley Districts, I will build on my policy experience to advocate and inform members on issues impacting our profession, as well as assist the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in identifying and respond to member needs to elevate our profession
Jo Miller, RDN, MPH received a B.S. in Nutrition Science and Minor in Food Service Management and Fine Arts from UC Davis. In 2010, she completed her Masters of Public Health from UC Davis with an emphasis on nutrition and informatics. Starting as donations chair while an undergrad, Jo has been an active member of the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Northern Area District since 2006. Upon completion of her Dietetic Internship she held a position on the nominating committee and since 2014 has been Public Policy Co-Chair. As Vice President of Nutrition at Meals for All, Jo’s professional focus is best practices and regulations-related emergency nutrition preparedness for healthcare. She is an invited speaker on the topic of emergency nutrition preparedness throughout the United States and works closely with healthcare facilities on disaster nutrition planning. Jo lives with her family and 2 dogs in Sacramento, CA and can be found climbing a mountain on most weekends.