Position Title: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the operational leader of California Academy and California Academy Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the organizations' overall operations, ensuring that all activities support the mission, vision, and strategic plan and that the organizations are operating efficiently and effectively to meet organizational goals. The Executive Director is the public face of CA Academy and CA Academy Foundation, interfacing with members, educational institutions, vendors, sponsors, government officials, and the public. The Executive Director is accountable to the CA Academy Executive Board, and the President serves as the chief liaison between the Board and the Executive Director. The Executive Director serves as an ex-officio board member to the boards of CA Academy and the CA Academy Foundation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Business or related field and Master’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Business or related field.
• Minimum ten years of management experience working with cross-functional teams and managing budgets and projects to include three to five years of experience in marketing and/or marketing communication and working with agencies.
• Demonstrated outstanding professional skills in verbal and written communication, oral presentations, program planning, relationship development management, and marketing.
• Competence in multiple computer applications/platforms: Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Content Management System; social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; virtual meeting platforms/services including WebEx and GoToMeeting; and online document sharing sites like Google Drive or Dropbox.
• Understanding of and experience with financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics.
• Knowledge of and experience working with volunteer board and managing volunteers.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Previous association management experience
• Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, credentialed through the Commission on Dietetic Registration with minimum five years of professional work experience related to nutrition and dietetics.
• If Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with good standing.
Please provide your resume or CV and a Cover Letter to the CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Human Resources.