Delegate Area 5
Lisa Gibson, MS, RDN, FAND
- Masters, Clinical Nutrition, Rush University
- BA in Health Professions, Beloit College
Internship: WIC work Experience
- Lifestyle Coach for National Diabetes Prevention Program, Skinny Gene Project (2018- present)
- Irvine Adult Day Health Services, 2013- Present
- Private Practice
- Nutrition Director, Age Well Senior Services (14 years)
- Nutrition Consultant for Lakeview Senio Center (9 years)
- CAND Reimbursement Rep: 2013-2019
- CDA President 2004-2005
- CDA President-Elect: 2003-2004
- CDA VP Public Policy: 1999-2001
- CDA, Orange District President: 1994-1995
- Emerging Dietetic Leader, 1997
- Dolores Nyhus Memorial Award, 2009
- Excellence in Community Nutrition Award, 2018
Mission Statement: CA is the largest affiliate in the Academy and we need a strong delegate to represent us at a national level. My years of experience as a volunteer leader for CA Academy make me an ideal candidate for this position.
Lisa has been involved in leadership positions in CA Academy since 1999. She has served as Vice-President of Public Policy, President and President- Elect and mostly recently as the Reimbursement Rep. She has also received the following awards- Emerging Dietetic Leader in 1997, Dolores Nyhus Memorial Award in 2009 and Excellence in Community Nutrition in 2018. Professionally, Lisa has worked in community nutrition with an emphasis on senior nutrition.
Her years of experience would make her an excellent delegat to represent California to the Academy.