Monica J McCorkle
Monica J. McCorkle, MS, RDN, CDE, NBC-HWC
Residence: Lemon Grove
Education: MS, Rush University, Clinical Nutrition
Internship: Rush St. Lukes Presbyerian Medical Center
- Clinical Wellness Manager, Healthstat, Inc. (6.5 years)
- Goddess of Nutrition Magic, Self Employed-Wellness Consultant (15 years)
- CDE, Practice Therapuetics for Novo Nordisk (2 years)
- Nominating Committee-Chair 2018-2019, Chair-Elect 2017-2018
- Vp Member Council 2004-2007
- SD President 2000-2001, 2002-2003,
- Pres-Elect 1999-2000, 2001-2002
- CA Delegate 2011-2017
- Nominating Committee Chair-Elect and Chair 2017-2019
Mission Statement:I am committed to working with California Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics leadership and all California Academy members to strengthen, expand and unite the RDNs and NDTRs of California so that we lead in contributing to a California ‘where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition’. Through leadership, the California Academy and its members, will accelerate and be in the forefront for improvements in the Nation’s and California’s health and well-being through food and nutrition.
Monica J McCorkle, MS, RDN, CDE, NBC-HWC – 2020 CA Academy Ballot – President-Elect
Monica has a diverse, eclectic background and experience in health, wellness, healing and nutrition. She is currently the Manager of Clinical for Healthstat, Inc. She has been a registered dietitian/nutritionist for more than 32 years and certified diabetes educator for more than 27 years, she brings expertise, as well as energy to her work.
Monica believes in the importance of volunteerism and leadership to continually grow and improve the profession of nutrition and dietetics. She served twice as president of the CA Academy San Diego District. She has served as VP of Membership Council on the CA Academy Executive Board. She served as Delegate to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for 2 terms representing Area 5 (San Diego and Orange districts). She served as VP of the Delegate Council as a member of the CA Academy Executive Board. Most recently she served on the CA Academy nominating committee as committee member and Chair.
Her expertise and enthusiasm is apparent in all aspects of her work - leadership, administration, clinical practice, program development and implementation, public speaking and facilitator of change. Helping people – fellow dietitians, clients or patients – achieve their health, wellness and life goals is one of Monica’s true passion.
Monica’s Credentials, Experience and Awards Include:
- 30+ years’ experience nutrition, dietetics, health and wellness
- Master's Degree in Clinical Nutrition Rush University Chicago IL
- BS Psychology, UCSB and Clinical Nutrition, SDSU
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Registered Licensed Dietitian
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Nominated for Dolores Nyhus Award
- Distinguished Service Award, California Dietetic Association
- Excellence in Community Nutrition Award, CDA
- Delegate to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – 2011- 2017
- Accomplished Program Developer, Speaker, Trainer and Presenter
- Business Owner - Wellness Coordinator
- Marathon runner and coach
- Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Additional information asked for:
Title: Manager Clinical Wellness. Healthstat, Inc.